Old Baldy Park
A 4.3-acre tract of property located at 33 LaToya Circle just off FM 2325, approximately 2.5 miles from the Square in Downtown Wimberley. In the year 2014, a popular piece of publicly used property, Old Baldy, was put up for sale. Because of the risk of development or closing to public use, the “Save Old Baldy Foundation” was formed.
By 2015, with the help of the Wimberley community, the “Save Old Baldy Foundation” raised enough funds to assist the City of Wimberley in the purchase of the land, so people of all ages could experience and enjoy Old Baldy for many years to come. It was then established as the City of Wimberley’s newest city park, Old Baldy Park. Once at the top of the 218 rock steps, you’ll be rewarded with 360-degree views of the Wimberley valley.
Park hours: 8 a.m. to Sunset. No camping allowed.
Rules and Regulations
- Consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages.
- Smoking in the park or parking lot.
- Use of foul language and lewd behavior.
- Use of drugs and/or weapons.
- Disorderly conduct.
- Use of drones or other flying devices.
- Use of fires, stoves, or cooking of any kind except in designated grill locations.
- No garbage or other solid waste may be dumped or littered in the park.
- Garbage associated with park use must be deposited in containers provided.
Any violation of park rules may result in immediate removal from the park.
The City of Wimberley is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.